Saturday, September 4, 2010

Art & About

Luco is out of town in RL this week, so I had to find something to do here in SL to occupy my time. I mean I have about run out of prims on Dark Moon, and I think I have my island set up the way I want it for a little bit. So I decided to go check out some of the artists whose work I have always loved. Here are some of my favorite artists in SL, and what I have found while exploring their work out and about!

Of course Igor Ballyhoo’s work has been up at Roadrunner for a while now, but I have to go back there often to play in these fabulous installations! I love his Axis Mundi, and often dance there! I call these pics my DANCES ON THE TREE OF LIFE. And here are some pics of his Scissor Forest too!

Igor's Scissor Forest
A Fae's gotta watch her wings in here


Look how HUGE it is!

Dancing on the Tree of Life
Me in front Igor's Axis Mundi
 I also had to go see what was up with Sabrinaa Nightfire of course! I met her long ago at a photo contest at AngelGate. But she has a sim dedicated to art called Erato of Caerleon that she shares with other artists. Look how fabulously her Space Trees goes with my outfit! Hahaha~ Often her place just looks like candy!
I just love Sabrinna's work!
Speaking of candy, there was the time I terraformed and textured the temporary sim Celestia into an immersive Candy Land! Miso Susanowa graced the experience; which became a week long party with much of her art, including Radiant Stallions. Well, Miso loves sound! Obviously I cannot capture the sound her horses make in this pic. But suffice it to say, between the visual and the sound, Miso’s Radiant Stallions truly capture “The waves were coming in like radiant stallions..." - Patti Smith, Horses (1979), as Miso notes in talking about her experience of her childhood at the beach being recollected upon hearing Smith’s song! Of course, horses are sacred to the Greek ocean God Poseidon!
Miso's Radiant Stallions at sunrise
...then they broke on the shore



Radiant Stallions @ Celestia
 Now don’t forget, I met many of these fabulous artists when I managed AngelGate sim. When AngelGate first opened, Bau Ur was the curator of the gallery. Bau is an artist in her own right. As I teleported out and about one night, looking for Miso’s work again, I found Bau and Miso chatting. It was so good to see them both again! Here is Bau and Miso. And you can also see some of Bau’s two dimensional works on the walls.
Bau Ur & Miso at Bau's Place

Oh and yes! If we are referring to candy, I gotta tell you, I own all of soror Nishi’s colorful and flowery head dresses! What fashionable Fae would not? But it is soror’s installations and towers and trees that really knock me out. 

YUM! soror's tree makes me want candy
You have to see this!









One of my all time favorite pieces of work is by Alizarin Goldflake, queen of the mini intallation! I bought this one called Metempsyche’s Garden a while ago I liked it so much! As a matter of fact I have it displayed underwater at Dark Moon now. You can find it just south of the landing point. I encourage Merfolk to play in it!
Metempsyche’s Garden 2
Metempsyche’s Garden 1


 













Now Trill Zapatero is a painter whose work just knocks me out! What great colors and imagery! I found her studio on Artropolis, and just had to float around gazing at them once again.

Lounging in front of Trills paintings
Gazing at some more while floating

One more artist whose personal flair has inspired me is Wizard Gynoid. Whizzy had a show called Sacred Geometry at AngelGate too, but I particularly love her take on M.C. Escher. Tho as you can see, I did get sort of trapped by the giant lizard at Primtings. Hell, I could have been it’s next meal!

EEK! That could have been me!

Now I have a relatively new friend! I want to point out a particularly profound piece she made. I had to try myself at the University of Western Australia’s art show. The notecard that goes with this piece of work talks about the relationship between fetish and oppression. I think it is rather self-explanatory, but get the notecard. Theo is a great writer too!
Wings Crushed
Fainting in Theo's Fetish
A Fae Oppressed
 Now make sure you go see some of these people's works! I just love them all! Being Art and About is fun.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the show!
    Isn't soror delicias? =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Goddess, reading this years later, I miss Sabrinaa Nightfire. Passed over the veil, we love and miss her and her art. Blessed Be, lovely one.

    ReplyDelete