Saturday, September 25, 2010

ZOLAAAAAAAAAAA


So this is my good friend Zola Zsun! You can see her blog, Zola Novela, by clicking on the link on the left of this page! Zola’s great! We talk quite a bit, and are constantly modifying our skirts due to the fact that we don’t want to be skinny like the standard Second Life avatars. Well, the human ones at least. Though I must say, I see very creative women about! Not everyone is anorexic. Now I am feeling like I should be saying something extremely intelligent about how avatars reflect our mainstream culture of sexist lookism, but actually, I just wanted to talk about Zola.
Zola Zsun

So there she is. One night we were feeling silly and made a little zoo. Absolutely no reason except we wanted to take all our animals out! Now, you got to realize, this was a very silly thing, nothing elaborate. But a few friends did finally drop by and we all chatted and sat on hippos and things. Sometimes SL is just about hanging out and being silly. Hell, in my case it usually is!



You know? That’s not really true at all! Zola had a great a idea a while back for a Role Play Exposition. She is an educational design and technology grad student who works here in SL. So the idea was to have different role play groups display and demonstrate their stuff. You will have to ask Zola, but I guess the idea is to use SL for interactive, immersive and synergistic learning, not just each student clicking on things alone. Actually, my sister, Elle Bellah is in the field too. Now she is working on machinima for nursing classes. Anyway, Zola had this idea, and I got to do the terraforming! 
Zola, Miss Wright & Me

Dramatic Terraforming!

Zola in all her glory

More terraforming

Each role-play group needed a space that reflected what they did, and it had to be parceled for media and music. If I recall, ultimately it was Pandora, Deadwood, Antiquity, Pern, Toxian City, and Renaissance Island. It was quite a well-rounded sample: three different historical periods, fantasy, science fiction, and a dystopia.
Gianfar

Pandora

Renaissance Island

Antiquity's Tea Area

Deadwood

Antiquity's lighthouse at the site

Toxian City's Miss Wright

After getting commitments from all the role-play groups, terraforming, landscaping, parceling and setting up, Zola decided we needed a tour and party! So I got Ragnarok Dragonash, my good friend to DJ and we set up a fun dance area too! Rag’s a great DJ, btw, he does Celtic music, on Fridays, at Sarras Village’s medieval tavern. Rag and his partner Katje Broek are my oldest friends in Second Life, and own the sim next to Dark Moon. ANYWAY... the tour! Now that was a gas! (hahaha~) Zola got stage fright! But I tell you she came through! We were on voice, and I walked her through the first stop, Toxian City. After that, all I had to do was type in chat, “FOLLOW THE REDHEAD!” and everyone trailed after her. 
The Party

Follow the Red Head!


The dragons of Pern were particularly interesting because they gave a live role-play demo of a dolphin healing a sick dragon! I don’t know about you, but that’s something I don’t see everyday~! 
Tiny Dragon Advising

Einy Marksman & Me watch

Zola is happy the dragon is healed!

 So, as I said, for smart fun, FOLLOW THE REDHEAD Zola Zsun! Kiss, Zola : )

3 comments:

  1. Now, I have to admit, I never thought of doing a tour. When the event began, someone...my professor or Neph probably...said, "Okay, time for the tour."
    I said, "TOUR????"
    Then in voice to Neph I said "HELP!"
    And help she did. She got me through it, told me to stay out of IMs and in local chat.(I tried)... but it all worked out very well. I must say, though, I was more exhausted than I have ever been after any virtual activity by the time it was over!!! And i would NEVER have survived the entire thing if it was not for Neph and her vast experience in planning and carrying through events in Second Life as she imparted wisdom and helpful reminders along the way. THANK YOU NEPH! Kiss

    Zola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wanna thank you but I cannot seem to post! Thank you, Zola! But you did it! And it was your idea! You just forgot! Kiss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, years later, I cannot believe what mess these early posts are! I could not even get the line spacing correct! But guess what? This is history! I'm leaving it this way! Venus in Virgo and all! Haha

    ReplyDelete